Friday 12 February 2010

Hello Guyana!

Hello Georgetown and thank you for welcoming me so warmly. Literally.
After quite a long trip: Faro to Gatwick; Gatwick to St Lucia; St Lucia to Port of Spain; Port of Spain to Georgetown phew! Well, I was saying: after such a long trip and rewinding the watch 4 hours, I must admit I felt a bit confused. Nothing like sleeping and eating some delicious Rima Guesthouse food to make me come back to the world of the lively living.
I haven't been taking photos, as a security precaution, but don't be fooled by this, Georgetown feels safe! It's just that I'm already a bit too obvious in the street in my bright white skin, so why not try to keep as low a profile as I can?
I only have good things to say about my first days (and in spite of not asking any questions, I am dying to discover Mahdia! I'll get there when I get there): the weather is perfect for me: warm but not too much and I love the fact that there is no need to wear long sleeves nor trousers at night. I suppose the weather varies between 24 and 30ÂșC, but don't take these numbers too seriously, they are the temperature my body is guessing!
VSO is smart in the way they organised our training: calm and slow, with lots of good food and time. Today is the first day which with an early start for training: we're visiting the hospital to talk to a doctor and they say it can be scary!
Off I go now for a very British breakfast in "the cleanest guesthouse in town"!
(Will add some photos, eventually!)
Hugs to the people I love!

4 comments:

Joana said...

Weeeeeee! That's great news!


You've got the mood, don't loose the spirit. ;)


Brilha, menina, brilha!
Jinhos.

Manela said...

Que bom ler essas news!!! Saudades e beijos mil

Cris said...

Looking forward to more photos!!
Big hugs xxx

Unknown said...

Good luck on this new adventure and may God guide and protect you,lots of love.mpsg.