Monday 15 February 2010

Confuzzling post

I am a lucky bunny*, what can I say?

Guyana has 3 counties, one of them being the Berbice, which I visited during the weekend.
I went to Cumberland, New Amsterdam and made my 1st visit to a market: Port Mourant. And what a  colourful market! Here's a photo to show you the colour of ripe oranges and tangerines (mangoes and bananas look like mangoes and bananas!):


After buying some fruit, veggies and spices, we headed of to the 63 Beach! Yeah! I love the names of the places in this road, numbers. It's perfect for a girl, because you know that the 63 beach is after 62, no worrying about north or south. Horrible sexist comments aside, this is the beach:



After readjusting my brain to the idea of brown water not meaning polluted water, I decided to go for a swim. According to Dan, it was quite cold, about 32ºC, so imagine how cold we felt, considering that the temperature outside was about 35ºC.

I also had the never-full-minibus experience: there were 22 people in a Toyota Hiace kind of van and there was space for more, believe me!

And this is the Rima Guesthouse, in Georgetown, where the new vols have been staying:





And to end, I leave you with a message, to the lord within each one of us ;)



[I suspect this post is pretty messy, but it's the best I can do]
Hugs to all, oh and send me snail mail:

Raquel Coelho - VSO
106, 107 Lamaha & Carmichael Streets
PO Box 12199
Georgetown
Guyana


Believe me, I am looking forward to reading your letters! Hugs to all and keep the love vibration!
*my surname, Coelho, means Rabbit, in English, ok??

No comments: